Position: Manager – Interactive Theatre Company
Business: Company & Co.
Location: 76 Stafford St. Toronto ON Canada
Hours: Salaried, Full-time
Remuneration: Neg. ($32,000 p.a. approx.)
Company & Co. is seeking an experienced, multi-skilled manager for its existing and upcoming interactive theatrical Escape Game projects.
Company & Co. is Toronto’s premiere Escape Games operator running the Real Escape Game in conjunction with Scrap Entertainment. Company & Co. also creates and designs the Casa Loma Escape Series, and is considered one of the premiere experiences in Escape Games worldwide for its innovative hybrid of immersive theatre and history-based puzzle escapes.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
Company & Co. holds itself to an exceptional standard of both design and customer service, and you will be on the front lines of maintaining that reputation.
You will also be required when necessary to train new staff on the intricacies of performing their roles at our established locations, and will be expected to MC our experiences if necessary.
– Managing staff and scheduling, as well as overseeing our primary location on a day-to-day basis.
– Budgeting for both existing and upcoming events and installations.
– Hosting, set up, and maintenance of the Real Escape Room locations.
– Designing and implementing improvements to the game experience.
– Implementing the business plan in consultation with the owners and GM.
– Juggling multiple projects in various states of development.
– Upholding an impeccable standard of customer experience.
– Obtaining and responding to feedback from staff, customers, and upper management.
– Being a primary contact for individuals and businesses enquiring about the Real Escape Game.
– Conducting interviews and hiring staff in consultation with the General Manager.
– Organizing and staffing private events with the Real Escape Game.
– Assistance in producing other large scale events and future experiences with Company & Company and the Real Escape Game.
Please apply ONLY if you fit the following criteria:
– Business or Creative Arts degree
– Exceptional communication skills
– Experience designing and executing real-life puzzles, theatre, or creative entertainment.
– Minimum 1 year experience in an Escape Room environment or similar live-action INTERACTIVE entertainment.
– A minimum of 3 years experience in customer service
– Client management experience.
– An enthusiasm and passion for interactive theatre and gaming.
The following are additional assets for a potential applicant:
– Graphic Design experience (Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop)
– Performance experience in theatre, film, or web
– An in-depth knowledge of the history and culture surrounding the Escape Game Phenomenon.
– Experience with writing copy.
– A thorough understanding of game and puzzle design principles.